Journey to kafiristan online dating live dating chennai girls
Of the more than thirty wooden figures brought to Kabul in 1896 or shortly thereafter, fourteen went to the Kabul Museum and four to the Musée Guimet and the Musée de l'Homme located in Paris.A few hundred Kati Kafirs, known the Red Kafirs of the Bashgal Valley, fled across the border into Chitral but, uprooted from their homeland, they converted by the 1930s.In 1896 Abdur Rahman Khan, who had thus conquered the region for Islam, renamed the people the Nuristani ("Enlightened Ones" in Persian) and the land as Nuristan ("Land of the Enlightened"). It was famous for its precise wood carving, especially of cedar-wood pillars, carved doors, furniture (including "horn chairs") and statuary.
This historic region lies on, and mainly comprises, the basins of the rivers Alingar, Pech (Kamah), Landai Sin and Kunar, and the intervening mountain ranges.
In Nardain there was a temple, which the army of Ghazni destroyed; and brought from thence a stone covered with certain inscriptions, which were according to the Hindus, of great antiquity.
In 1883, William Watts Mc Nair, a British surveyor on leave, explored the area disguised as a hakim, reporting on the journey later that year to the Royal Geographical Society.
The Prefecture includes some of the most important British military stations of Northern India, Peshawur at the mouth of the Khyber Pass, Nowshera and Rawalpindi, the latter place being the army headquarters of lieutenant-general commanding the Northern Army in India.
Rawalpindi is also the residence of the Prefect Apostolic, the Very Rev. He was born in 1863 in Friesland and ordained in Salford Cathedral by Cardinal Vaughan in February, 1889.
In the prefecture there are two important convents : the first is at Murree in the charge of the nuns of Congregation of Jesus and Mary.